St Ives Wahroonga Cricket Club (SIWCC) is a foundation club of the Hornsby Ku-ring-gai and Hills District Cricket Association (HK&HDCA), established in 1926.
The St Ives Wahroonga Cricket Club’s known involvement in the community most likely dates past the Federation of Australia. The earliest recorded match dates back to 1902, with cricket in the region stemming back a further thirty years. This places it as one of the oldest surviving district cricket clubs in New South Wales. St Ives Cricket Club subsequently became a foundation club of the Hornsby, Ku-ring-gai and Hills District Cricket Association (HK&HDCA) upon its formation on March 11, 1926.
HK&HDCA cover grounds in St Ives, Turramurra & Wahroonga in the East, Mount Colah, Berowra & Brooklyn to the North, Pennant Hills to the Mid-South and Kenthurst, Glenorie & Kellyville to the West, with Hornsby in the middle.
In 2016/2017 there were over a hundred senior players registered across 7 Grades from A-Grade to D- Reserve Grade. In addition there were over 50 players participating in junior team competition cricket. The senior D-Reserve team was successful again this season in the HK&HDCA Premiership along with the C2 team. Since the Club’s inception it has won over 40 Premierships.
Our mission is to provide members with a healthy sporting activity within a safe environment as well as giving them the opportunity to mix with like minded persons to enjoy positive social interaction.
There are also many social nights for members; Christmas Party, Trivia Nights etc, where members and guests can enjoy themselves in their own licensed clubhouse at ‘the Home of Cricket’, Hassall Park.